The Life Sciences Division of AU-KBC Centre extends its expertise and facilities to actively support Natural Products Industry by offering advanced scientific testing, validation and standardization services based on OECD and AYUSH guidelines. AYUSH is the acronym of the medical systems that are being practiced in India such as Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy.
Some of the Research Studies and Testing Services offered by us
Bioassay development for screening formulations for anticancer, cardio/neuro/hepato protective activity, mechanistic studies on formulations developed for a specific ailment/disorder, absorption and bioavailability studies.
- Fingerprinting and Chemical Screening
- Routine biological screening assays
- Routine Enzyme assays for anti-diabetes and antioxidant activity
- Specialized Screening Assays
- Toxicity studies
- Imaging solutions
- Pharmacological assays (In vivo- animal model studies)
- Shelf-life studies
- Pesticide residue analysis (Qualitative and Quantitative)
- Aflatoxin analysis (Quantitative and Qualitative)
- Heavy Metal Analysis using ICP-MS
- Customised Mechanistic Investigations.
We aim not to just conduct the experiments but also to bridge the gap existing between the traditional medicine practises and modern science. An amalgamation of both the areas has the potential to revolutionise patient care in the future. We offer our expertise in modern scientific experimentation including design and execution of assays, analysis and interpretation of data to facilitate a global acceptance of traditional medicine formulations in accordance with the guidelines of the industry.